Saturday, July 28, 2012

Decisions and Party Time!

Sometimes the hardest thing about having a blog to write everything in, is not writing about things. For instance, the day after I had to cancel the hotel for Otakon, I got a message from my cousin about a party she was throwing for her family. It was a combined birthday and anniversary party for all of them, but it was a surprise party. So the whole time I'm preparing for this party and figuring things out (also thankful I get to go somewhere this weekend) I couldn't say anything on facebook or here due to certain family members reading what I say.
J really knows how to throw a party. The venue was nice, decorations gorgeous, and food great. She even got cousins G&M to host their photobooth, which is always a blast, both for the people having fun taking the photos, and later for the happy family/couple viewing all the photos and well wishes later.
After the party, my mother and I went for an evening out alone, checking out a bookstore, the mall and finishing the day off with a movie. She never really goes to the movies unless I drag her along, so we went to see Brave, since I knew she'd love it and she did. It doesn't matter that this is the fourth time for me seeing it, I don't mind watching things multiple times, especially when it's that good. I can't wait until it comes out on dvd since there is nobody else I can really drag along to go see it.
I've talked about this before,  but people who have netflix, or want to rent/buy a dvd, should definitely check out The Decoy Bride, starring David Tennant and Kelly Macdonald, the voice of Merida in Brave. It's a British romantic comedy, and while some of you may be scratching your heads at my previous stance on romantic films, this one is really good. I love it, and it really works in a way I find other films of this genre lacking.
So the next big thing going on then is the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, I'll be going the Time Traveler's weekend, August 12th. The next few blog posts are probably going to be updates and links from people at Otakon since I apparently want to torture myself with what I can't have.
Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment