Sunday, May 6, 2012

Avengers

Last night I got to see The Avengers with some friends. Now, before I start geeking out, I do have to say something. 2 of the major things I was raised on are Marvel and Star Wars, so yesterday was an awesome day, being May 4th.
So the movie. . . . It's hard to talk about it with something new without going into spoiler territory, but I'll do my best. I love this movie. I would say everyone would like this movie, it really has something for everyone. Action, humor, well developed characters, hot guys for the girls, hot chicks in tight fitting uniforms for the guys, and comic book references for the geeks. All of the main characters have equal time on screen, which has been a problem in the past with large groups, with the most popular/marketable getting way more screen time and character building than the other guys. There are many, many one liners and quips in the movie that will be quoted for years to come. Whedon amazingly pulled this one together. 
Now the cons. The things I didn't like about the movie were minor little things that have more to do with movie politics than anything Whedon did. For instance I would have preferred if they had actually gotten to use their first idea of villains being the Skrulls, instead of setting for the Chitauri. I mean, unless you read the 6 issues of Ultimates they appeared in years ago. I do have to give bonus points for using an obscure Avengers villain though.
The other thing, and this has been bugging me since seeing Captain America, why on earth do they call it the Tesseract? I know what a tesseract is in mathematical terms, but why for the movies? It's the cosmic cube. It's cube shaped, and it harnesses the power of the cosmos. A Cosmic Cube. *shrugs* I don't know, but if those are the only things that irk me about the movie, it's a pretty awesome movie then.
I do also have to mention that there are 2 extra scenes after the movie. I knew there was one, so I managed to stay long enough to watch the mid-credits scene(which I totally geeked out over btw-no spoilers!) And ran out of the theater when the credits went into the second phase. I should have tried to wait longer, because there's apparently another hilarious scenes at the very end after the credits. I'll be going back to see it on Tuesday, so no spoilers in the comments please!

In other news, I'm having fun making a different crafty object everyday, I particularly like Day 5 so far for the use of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards, check out my Flickr here.

No comments:

Post a Comment