Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life news

News has been a little slow around here lately, not much is going on in my life besides looking for a new job. Went to a stamp expo and spent a bit more money than I should have, but every cent was worth it. I got some amazing stamps and peripherals for my crafting, also I found out some little old ladies can be scary about their love of stamps.
Speaking of crafting, the time I've spent not looking for a new job has been working on birthday and Mother's Day gifts, and items for an Etsy shop. I'm getting really excited, but didn't want to tell many people at first because of the time frame, paperwork and other things. One thing I can say for certain though, is that all the pictures I've been posting on other forums, and gifts for people I've been making are not going to be sold in my store. Those are things I've seen people selling on Esty that I've made myself since I had the supplies and too poor to buy it, so I make it myself. It also means more to the recipient than just buying someone else's craft don't you think?
On to things I have been watching. I'm loving the start of the new series the Legend of Korra, I recommend it to everyone, even if they haven't seen the original series. Glee is getting interesting in trying to wrap up so many story lines before several of the kids graduate, and adding in new story lines for the younger kids to go through with the oncoming season. Still sad I wasn't able to see the live action Ouran High School Host Club movie when it came out, anxiously waiting for dvd news so I can import it. My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic is excellent as always.
So upcoming news for the future is the store, my imminent trip to Zenkaikon, and later this summer I'll be at Otakon. Reviews and opinions also coming soon on Black Butler, Game of Thrones season 2, and of course the Avengers movie. If anyone reading this is into comics, don't forget Free Comic Book Day on May 5th this year, I'll be at my favorite store.

No comments:

Post a Comment