Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

Halloween again, one of my favorite times of the year. As I'm waiting to watch my usual slew of Halloween movies tonight and tomorrow, and decided to talk about some of the movies I'd seen recently with my new Netflix subscription.
First up is Rockula. Now this movie is hard to explain with all of it's nuances, but it's basically about a vampire cursed to watch his true love be reborn and die every 22 years on Halloween. You may have heard me talk about this movie before, but in all seriousness, it's been added to my list of movies to watch every Halloween alongside The Crow and Nightmare Before Christmas.
Next up is Hot Tub Time Machine. This movie isn't quite that good, but maybe it's because I've seen too many time travel shows done good, or maybe just too many movies in general. Seems it was trying too hard to be funny it wasn't. There are a few scenes that are truly funny, but not really worth sitting through the entire movie for.
Went through and re-watched some old movies like Airplane, The Ghost of Canterville and The Little Princess(not the Shirley Temple one) among others, all quite good.
Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, been a bit busy. Between work, going to the Renaissance Faire and friend's weddings and role playing sessions, I haven't had much time for myself. November is almost here, and with the exception of my D&D group, I will have much more time to myself to be creative in both my writing and in my art.
Until next time, love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment